Welcome to a new semester at LATTC!
Here are some resources to help you be prepared for the college Learning Management System known as MOODLE. All teachers can use Moodle to support their face-to-face instruction and it is used for online classes.
- Moodle Orientation Datesfor any student wanting to learn to use Moodle (repeat of same content)
- Monday, Feb. 4 - Moodle Orientation 6-7:30 pm in TE-406
- Tuesday, Feb. 5 – Moodle Orientation 6-7:30 pm in TE-406
- Saturday, Feb. 9, from 9-11 am in TE-406
- Wednesday, Feb. 13 – Moodle Orientation 6-7:30 pm in TE-406
- Online Math class Orientation Datesfor all students registered or wanting to register for online Math classes. This is a REQUIRED MEETING. (attend one) Orientation sessions discuss the software, MyMathLab, used for conducting the online class. You may attend any one or all of them.
- Saturday, February 2nd from 10 AM to 12 Noon in Aspen Hall 221 (TE 221)
- Monday and Tuesday February 4th and 5th from 3:00 PM to 5:00PM in Aspen Hall 221 (TE-221)
- Link to Moodle Quick Reference Guide
- Link to Student Help Desk for Moodle – includes many in-depth self-help tutorials for using Moodle
- Moodle Login – use your student ID number (starts with 88) and the password is the 4 numbers that represent month and day of birth (mmdd).
- Moodle User Agreement– the first time a student logs into Moodle, s/he must accept the user agreement in order to enter their Moodle eClassroom. Button to accept is at the bottom of the page.
- Preparing your computer to use Moodle – link to Technical Help
- Steps to add an online class that is full – this is required for all students on the waiting/standby list as well as those who are no on the list.
- Moodle Self-Orientation - this Moodle eClassroom (in the Student Success Category) allows a student to self-enroll and to learn and practice using the Moodle system. If a student opens all of the links, completes the required two postings to the practice forum and passes the quiz, a certificate is issued with the date of completion. Student can print or download and save the certificate.
- Information on new LACCD student eMail accounts