Dear LATTC STUDENT:
We want to inform you that the Student Information System (SIS) will not be available this weekend from Saturday, December 1st beginning at 6:00am until 6:00am on Monday, December 3rd. The shutdown is required because the District Office is remodeling the Educational Services Center.
However, you can still log into the Moodle site. Here is the direct link: http://moodle.lattc.edu.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
• If you have already registered for classes, you will not be able to make any changes to your class schedule during this time.
• If you are scheduled to register this weekend, you will have to wait until the system goes back up on Monday, December 3rd. Keep in mind that since the shutdown is district wide, NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES DURING THIS TIME. So the classes that were available before the shutdown will still be available once the system goes back up on Monday. That is why we recommend you plan to register for classes first thing on Monday morning because everyone who had a registration appointment over the weekend will be able to register once the system goes live again at 6:00am.
• If your registration appointment is after December 3rd, you will not be effected by the shutdown.
It also means you cannot log into your new LACCD student email account or the SIS to get your financial aid award letter or any other email that might be important to you. The email will have a delayed delivery, but will be delivered when the system comes back online.
1. If your registration is scheduled for this weekend, please plan register as soon as possible once the system goes back up again on Monday, December 3rd.
2. You can register for classes anytime on or AFTER your appointment.
3. You can register for classes online through the SIS.
4. To check the date of your registration time, click: http://college.lattc.edu/
and select the “Register Now” above the middle image.
The district has tentatively scheduled another system shutdown from December 22nd through December 24th. We will notify you again if the system will be down during that time.
Dean Dorothy Smith
LATTC Student Services